Monday, September 13, 2010

Fashion: My 2 cents

Took a day off work today because I was just too tired from all the late nights doing nothing constructive. And besides, I brought work home so I thought 'why not just stay home and do them?'

Before I start, I must bring up the events of last Saturday. Was at Far East with the boy. Just got my pay, and recently I just couldn't decide what to wear. My wardrobe's sort of bursting; yet that still happened. I hate it! So I thought maybe I could use a little shopping.

But what the heck! I walked the whole shopping centre and I still couldn't find one piece of fabric, ANY TYPE AT ALL, that could render me speechless. Back in the days, I could find countless outfits but no money to fund them; now I can't find anything at all.

After that two rounds of aimlessly weaving in and out of stores performing touch and go-s, we left the shopping centre. I told the boy, "damnnn, I forgot how to shop."

This moment, I have been dreading the coming of this moment. And I think this happens to most Singaporean girls. Settling into the comfort of comformity. Cause looking back at that 'shopping trip', I did chanced upon a few articles that I would have bought without blinking last time, but now I just let it go. Its as though I'd rather buy something that everyone's wearing now over something that I like/more 'me'.

Its so sad. I feel sad.

What happened to me? I'm morphing into one of those street cats. All looking like the other. And lazy at that.

:(

Which brings me back to how I'm browsing http://www.lookbook.nu/ and http://www.thesartorialist.blogspot.com/ instead of doing my work. :x

I shall be hardworking and not lazy from now onwards. I wanna feel confident again! >:(

Time to:

  1. Not eat so much; office job has made me chubbier! :(:(:(
  2. Invest in a fitted blazer; Zara, Topshop, anywhere else?
  3. Invest in shoes; how can I not realise this earlier, no more "slippers with anything"
  • Black wedges
  • Nude pump

Ehh, I'll add in more when I think of them :x

NOW ON TO WORK! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment