Sunday, May 12, 2013

Review: Mineral Cosmetics (MICA Beauty & Bella Terra)

sponsored.






I was invited to After Eve: The Skin Studio last Monday to get to know more about their make up products :D Truthfully, I am pretty excited to try out their make up because ITS ALL PURE MINERALS!?!?!! 

If you're wondering whats the difference between the typical drugstore products and mineral products, mineral make up are made up of 100% pure minerals with no artificial fragrances, chemicals or silicon! Mineral make up are also generally much kinder to your skin and when put on, has a more natural finish as compared to typical drugstore brands :D

I was very kindly sponsored a couple of stuff to try out and here's what I think about them!


Mica Beauty Gel Liner, Bella Terra Eye Shimmer in #5 Seashell, Mica Beauty Eye Primer and Mica Beauty Brow Pencil in #05 Puce.


Starting off with a bare face, conceal or and light sweep of blush. :D


First step: Priming the eyes.

Eye primers help to set your eye make up. So before anything goes onto your lids, dab a little and pat all over the lids.


Very creamy formula, very different from the very popular Urban Decay (UD) Primer Potion which I used to spam use last time. UD's formula seems a tad drier to me, and the finish is more sheer as compared to Mica Beauty's. 


As you can see, its very creamy and a little goes a long way. This much on my ring finger is way more than sufficient for both my eyes! After putting it on, the eye area looks instantly brightened and alert because of the colour! :D


Step Two: Lining the eyes.

Honest to blog, I've never owned a gel liner before. Always thought they were a hassle because I have to bring another brush along (when I'm out) just to line my eyes. I was perfectly happy using my liquid felt tip liners UNTIL, V from After Eve persuaded me that I have got to try their gel liner! So okay, challenge accepted! :D


Thoughts when using the gel liner; "holy shit so smooth!"

The black gel glides on like a dream, very black, which is always a good thing. Nothing I can't stand more than black eyeliner that you've got to layer one thousand times over to get the blackest black.

Second love about this product is that the product is designed to accommodate the brush together with the gel! Ingenious!! No more excuse for me to not use gel liners anymore!! :D


One lid done.


Both lids done.

As you can see, very smooth lines, very black. (Y) Me likes ALOT.


Step Three: Filling in the brows.

HOKAY, actually this step is a wee bit redundant for me because if you've been following me on Twitter *coughs* or Instagram *coughs*, you would already know that I recently went to get my eyebrows embroidered. But on some days when I want a bolder brow look, I'd still fill them in with my Benefit Brow Zing :D Which I absolutely adoreeeee but okay shall give Mica Beauty's a go!


Pictures don't lie, the finish is very natural and one thing I loveee is that since its mineral based its not going to make me pop pimples on my brows :(

Anybody gets that? Pimples on your brows? Very very annoying! And even though I love Brow Zing, it takes a longer time for me to fill in my brows with powder as compared to a pencil. So convenience wise and skincare wise, Mica Beauty wins :D


Step Four: Highlighting/eyeshadow

I don't really do these on a regular basis but for this post I shall! :D 

I LOVE THIS!! PURE MINERALS. The pigment is too good to be true!!


I was given the liberty to choose ANY colour I wanted. Yellow, fluorescent pink, but I am a pro-neutrals girl so I chose the above colour!  


Very light swatch of the colour, perfect for on-the-go highlighting!


For higher nose bridge, or in my case, to have a nose bridge LOLOLOL~


TADA! Can see the colour right! Its damn chio IRL. I have so far used it on my lids, on my brow bone and cheekbones as a highlighter! 

There is more to this shimmer! Its called "8 Way Shimmer" for a reason!

1. Mix it with a gloss for a instant lipgloss
2. Use it as a body shimmer
3. Use it as a highlighter for cheeks
4. Use it as a eyeshadow
5. Use it as a hair shimmer
6. Use it as a highlighter for brow bones
7. Use it as a blush
8. THE MOST JAW DROPPING ONE: AS A NAIL COLOUR.

&(^(&$(^&*(^(&$%^($%# IKR!! I saw it with my own eyes, V demonstrated to me! :D Very simple all she did was dab the shimmer on her nails and go over with top coat! I would have taken a picture of myself doing it but I currently have gel nails on :(

If you're interested, go down to

After Eve: The Skin Studio
B1-03/04
Wisma Atria
Tel: 67373309




My finished look :D

Simple, natural, and super easy to use! Thanks After Eve! :D:D:D:D

No comments:

Post a Comment