Saturday, May 26, 2012

Medzs

My daddy had his 60th birthday on 18 May this year. As always, being the foodie we are, we decided to venture to new grounds for his 60th birthday dinner! :D Walked around Marina area and settled for Medzs because we haven't tried Medzs before and Mediterranean food! :O




Korkor ordered this. I forgot the exact name of this but I remember it to taste something like a milder version of our mutton curry! They serve it with what may seem like rice to you, but its actually "cush-cush". Interesting texture, really similar to rice but you just know its not. :S


Daddy's grilled salmon steak! Its very hard to go wrong with salmon, no? But the star of this dish wasn't the salmon but the mashed potato! Read on to find out why :D 



Mama's seafood paella :D Think of it as the Mediterranean's version of Mui Fan. Tasty and flavorful, om nom nom :D


THE STAR OF THE NIGHT. LE DUCK LEG CONFIT. OMG. SO FUCKING GOOD. Yknow there are some food that just gets you nodding as you eat them? THIS IS THE MOTHER OF NODS.




WHERE DO I EVEN BEGIN? Ok after I ate this, I went home to google the recipe. I mean this is so good I wanted to see what makes it so good and if possible am I able to recreate this dish at home. So let me put the recipe in layman terms for you.

Duck legs. Duck fat. Boil the duck fat. Immerse duck legs in duck fat. Refrigerate the whole damn thing. Feel like eating duck leg confit? Take it out, thaw it. Boil it. Take out desired amount of duck leg. Heat pan, sear duck leg skin down. Remove from heat. Serve with sautéed mushrooms and roasted potato.

#motherofgod. Duck fat is the best damn fat ever. This dish is OMFG, imagine moist and tender meat, coupled with crispy duck skin. JUST INDESCRIBABLE YOU HAVE TO TRY IT TO GET WHAT I MEAN. :')



AND BEST DAMN MASHED POTATO I'VE EVER TRIED. GARLICKY, ULTRA MEGA CREAMY LIKE THEY DUMPED ONE WHOLE BARREL OF CREAM INTO THE POTATO AND SO SMOOTH. :O:O:O



Ok /wipesdrools, enough about the mains, onto desserts! ^^





Tiramisu, is a very dangerous dessert. Don't ever talk when you have some in your mouth, cause I choked whilst having Tiramisu! D: Damn you cocoa powder!


Blackforest cake~ Normal ah~


BAKLAVA~~~ Don't think you'll find this easily in Singapore. Prior to having this, I was watching me favorite "Good Eats" on Foodnetwork Asia, and Alton Brown was showing the viewers how to make Baklava! Ten thousands layers of idk what thing its was just slowly layer by layer together with sugar syrup and nuts. VERY VERY GOOD. Unhealthy but worth a bite once in awhile ^^




Souffle. Your classic french dessert. Something about pouffy airy confectionary that makes people happy. Definitely better than Bakerzin's :D


So if you guys are free and totally tempted by my pictures, lucky for you Medzs is having a promo~ Head on down to Millenia's and get 25% off all day! QUICK DONT WAIT ALREADY. I THINK PROMOTION ENDING BY THE END OF MAY~ :D:D:D

No comments:

Post a Comment