Friday, May 18, 2012

Sugisawa Japanese Restaurant

Mothers' Day just went by last week and I know I'm late in blogging about it~ But I'm gonna do it now~ :P So le Quek Family wanted to Chikuwa Tei for the celebratory dinner but we only tried booking on the day itself and needless to say, Chikuwa Tei was fully booked. :( And so Plan B was to find another Japanese Restaurant and Sugisawa came to mind :D


Sugisawa is located at Robertson Quay, a stone throw away from Chikuwa Tei. A Japanese Restaurant that you could easily miss out because its so simply decorated inside and outside! Please google if you wanna know the exact address :P



Daddy flipping through the menu..


Mummy letting Daddy decide hehe :P My mummy so cute cause she au naturale. No dyed hair, no tattooed brows. What I call, aging with grace (Y)


Butter Scallops. Which I thought was a little to uncooked for my liking. Please bear in mind that I am not a food blogger. I am just someone with a average tastebud and average palate. So I'm speaking with the tastebud and palate of a average Singaporean. If you're siao Japanese food then maybe you'll like this. One thing for sure though, this is fresh as hell.



Sugisawa is famous for their bento sets. Their bentos range from $18 to $25 if I'm not wrong. From Tonkatsu to Unagi, you name it they have it. Every bento comes with complimentary rice (duh), Japanese salad (tamago, prawn, Japanese fishcake, potato salad, sweet carrot, bamboo shoot and yam konnayuku), 2 slices of salmon and 3 slices of maguro. 

On that day was the first time I tried Maguro, and it was too meaty, and fishy for me. :( I know, really palate of an average person. I am sorry, I can only appreciate common sashimi like sake. :(


Korkor's Tonkatsu was not bad, they provided a bottle of plum sauce to drizzle over the cutlet. The mix of sour and sweet on the crispy and succulent meat was commendable~ For the price, definitely worth a try :D



Unfortunately Sugisawa's sake paled in comparison with Chikuwa Tei :( Chikuwa Tei's was the right temperature, right amount of fat : meat and just perfect~ :( This tasted meh~

All in all, I felt Sugisawa was meh~ Nothing spectacular but the ingredients used were definitely very fresh and of excellent quality. But you're definitely better off at Chikuwa Tei /nods.


Random crepe picture ^^ I heart crepes! :D Okok abrupt ending cause I'm tired. Will continue tomorrow~

No comments:

Post a Comment