Monday, September 23, 2013

#nowwatching SKINS (2013);


I've been watching Skins from the third season on, and subsequently went back to season 1 and 2. As opposed to most Skins fans, my favourite seasons were the third and fourth. It could be because they were the cast that I was most familiar with since I started with them, but I actually like the second generation more than the first.

This year, Skins come full circle with the last season, which only comprises of 3 episodes, and centralises on 3 main characters. And this season, has officially taken over as my favourite season.

What makes Skins different from other coming-of-age Teen Dramas is the fact that they don't hide the explicits. Everything is raw and real; Skins is definitely not the faint-hearted. Sex, drugs, family issues, gangsterism, etc. Which is why the American remake was a major failure because it was way too censored; with all the censorship going on, it's no wonder Skins (US) lost most of the essence and appeal, if not all, of what the series is about.

The final season's main characters are Effy Stonem (Fire), Cassie Ainsworth (Pure) and James Cook (Rise).

I love all the episodes; but spoiler alert, 'Fire' is immensely depressing in my honest opinion, 'Pure' is just plain beautiful and 'Rise' is an immaculate orchestra of darkness, I can't even..

 Not going to say anymore lest I let slip another spoiler. So if you've got time to catch any series today, try Skins (2013). 

No comments:

Post a Comment