Saturday, April 28, 2012

Menya Musashi

 Headed to Menya Musashi for dinner on Thursday with le BFFs after hearing them reviews. In case you've haven't heard, Menya Musashi is a new ramen store in Singapore. They were rumored to be the new ramen store to reckon with and the new Ippudo. With such great reviews, I definitely need to try some of them ramen! >:(
 Sadly, I thought the gyozas were meh~ The skin was thicker as compared to Ippudo. The filling, a little too dry and tough. I mean, maybe its just me, maybe its the gyozas that day! Go down and try if you wanna!
 Le BFF ShuHui's Red Kakuni Ramen. The soup seems more like a stew. Pretty thick, with high viscosity. Interesting texture for soup. But the flavour? Meh~
 Hehe my BFFs so vulgar ^^
 Ng and me had the same, the Black Tsukemen. Basically this ramen uses black garlic, which explains the colouring. I had it cha soba style, meaning I took a bit of the noodles, and dip it in the broth and just slurp it up. The broth was probably IMO the only thing I'd come back for. Salty, smokey and full flavoured. Complements the noodles really well. Fan of QQ noodles? Then you'll love the noodles at Menya. 
 But the cha shu? BIG disappointment. It was tough and really normal for a ramen store claiming to be the new Ippudo. I always thought the cha shu/ pork belly that goes with your ramen is highly crucial for the ramen to be a successful one. A 'melt in your mouth' cha shu/pork belly just makes the whole dining experience complete, don't you think? So to consume such cha shu, was like uh uh. No thanks. I had one slice, and left the rest in my bowl.
 Loads of oil, but fuck it. Too good.
So if you still intend to head down, I mean why not? Try the Black Tsukemen, here's the address! But me? Nahh~ I'd rather Muratama or Ippudo.

Menya Musashi
252 North Bridge Road
#01-16 
Raffles City Shopping Centre
Singapore

No comments:

Post a Comment