Sunday, April 8, 2012

Overprotected


You'd think at age 22 my parents would finally come to terms that their daughter is all grown up and its time to let her go and find her way in Life, on her own.

But it seems I would never be able to be on my own.

Tell me someone else you know who stills has a curfew of 2300.

Tell me someone else you know who drinks ONE martini and gets hell from her parents. (All the more I can't tell them about my party escapades)

Don't get me wrong, its not that I blame them for being concerned. I understand that they care because I'm a girl and the world is pretty fucked these days.

But..

I just feel so suffocated. Frustrated. And I know none of you out there will understand because none of you have it worse than me in this situation.

I get tired of always having to find excuses for me to do the things I want.

You think I relish making you upset? I am sorry, that I am not the perfect daughter you expected who stays home all day washing the damn clothes. I'm sorry I am not like other girls who are content with just staying at home and reading books. I'm sorry your daughter likes piercings and "weird" stuff that other girls "don't like". I am sorry that I am everything you don't want me to be.

But above it all, I still love you.

I just wished you guys understand.


No comments:

Post a Comment