Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Ninjas

So today is A's birthday. And I am not the sort to wish people on their Facebook because it just seems so impersonal imho. Just like I don't attend every birthday party I am invited to unless I am really close to you, because thats the privilege of being a good friend to me, no? Ok, we'll come back to that. 

Anyways, so I BBMed him, "Happy Birthday Broda!" And minutes into our conversation, I realised he is now at Perth, and he'll be there most probably for good. 

Shock and sadness does not suffice, to say the least, about this sudden departure (from +65) of a friend. You see, both of us, and another 7 other awesome people, used to be part of this group of awesomeness called NINJAS. How we all started hanging out, is a whirl that none of us can EXACTLY pinpoint how it all began but I am pretty sure I am not the only one who constantly wishes that things now are still as before.

It all started in 2010. 1 year into the party scene, my party crew (JH, BFF, LYX, JA and me) started hanging out with E, K, D. Due to their respective personal reasons, we all decided to always party together. One fine night, we stumbled, or rather D stumbled upon A. A all drunk and running around the area hugging a bottle of Absolut. Can you imagine that sight? In their less than sober state, they both started being super hyper and suddenly decided to look for 'ninjas'. So somehow, we were all recruited to be part of NINJAS. 

After that fateful night, the 9 of us were practically inseparable. There was nothing we couldn't do. House parties, Sushi dates, KL trip (unfortunately I couldn't go); it was SUPER SUPER loads of fun and everyone was so close. Imagine a whole group of people who are like family

But all good things come to an end. For the same personal reasons/issues that weren't sorted out, things started to fall apart. Fights in clubs. Screaming and shouting outside the club. Incidents that would eventually lead to distrust. New relationships. Things were slipping away faster than we could grasp. 

One by one, we started to drift further and further away. 

I know, that some people, other people outside of NINJAs, perhaps think that we're superficial. That we were a group doomed to fail. That we were just merely clubbing pals who are shallow in our relationships and etc. 

But you don't understand. Sometimes, I myself, don't understand. Why am I always thinking back on the times when we were One? 

But its all too late now. Everyone is moving forward with their own lives, somethings just can't be done. Its like a piece of glass that has shattered, and some of the mini bits flew to far off, you can try to piece it all together, but there's always something missing, or two pieces will never be able to fit again. That's just it.

I don't have a lot of regrets in my 22 years of Life, but somehow I think NINJAS will always be one of it. Regret that I didn't do all I could, to try to salvage whatever we had.


Thank you. &hopefully someday..

Broda, take care in +61! We don't talk as much as we do last time, but you know that whenever you need to talk to someone, I will be here. I will be listening :')

No comments:

Post a Comment